WHTM TV-27 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is reporting about a man who was killed after a seven vehicle crash on I-81 North near West Hanover Township.
The crash happened just before 2 p.m. Sunday June 24, 2012 when a tractor trailer traveling southbound could not brake in time due to stopping traffic and struck several vehicles. The tractor trailer driver was not wearing his seat belt and was partially ejected from the truck, police said.
Takeaways from the report:
- He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
- Two people had to be taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center for minor injuries, according to police.
- I-81 North was closed for several hours while crews worked on the scene.
- Police have not released the name of the driver.
- The Pennsylvania State Police are still investigating the accident.