Call Now! Call Now!
(717) 888-8888

You Must Obtain A Motorcycle License From The PA DMV

To obtain a Pennsylvania Class M (Motorcycle) license, an individual must pass a basic motorcycle knowledge test and apply for a Class M learner’s permit. The learner’s permit allows the applicant to ride only between sunrise and sunset and, except for a rider licensed to operate another class of vehicle, only while under the instruction and supervision of an individual who holds a Class M license.

Class M permit holders cannot carry any passengers other than an instructor properly licensed to operate a motorcycle. The permit is valid for 1 year. The cost of the permit is $10.00.

If you are under 18, you must have your permit for at least 6 months and have 65 hours of supervised riding before taking your skills test. In addition, as of Aug. 31, 2012, you must take and successfully complete a Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program Basic Rider Course before you can receive your motorcycle license.

To learn more about obtaining a Pennsylvania motorcycle license go to the Department of Motor Vehicles at the following link:

If you are injured in a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident and you’re looking for a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorney who knows how to handle a Pennsylvania car accident injury, Central Pa. is home to the Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers at Schmidt Kramer. Our personal injury attorneys will handle your Dauphin County motorcycle accident case in Harrisburg, Hershey, Linglestown etc. with the utmost of care and get you the compensation that you deserve.

You may also like to download our free Firm Newsletters or any of our brochures including “Who Pays The Bills When You Are Injured In An Automobile Accident“.

Call today for a free consultation at (717) 888-8888.