NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE & ABUSE LAWYERS
If you or your loved one has suffered negligence or abuse at a nursing home, it's important to have experienced legal counsel by your side.
At the law offices of Schmidt Kramer, we have been helping individuals and families throughout Pennsylvania for more than 25 years and have successfully recovered more than $20,000,000.00 in compensation for those clients.
If you suspect your loved one has fallen victim to nursing home neglect or abuse, talk to our nursing home abuse lawyers today and learn more about your legal options.
Have You Noticed the Signs of Abuse?
In many instances, it can be difficult to determine if your loved one is being neglected or abused until it is too late.
However, there are often warning signs that observant family members and guardians can be on the lookout for, to help minimize the chances of a nursing home resident becoming a victim.
With this in mind, some of the most common signs include:
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Bruises in a pattern that would suggest restraints
- Excessive and sudden weight loss
- Lice, fleas or dirt on resident or in resident’s room
- Poor personal hygiene or other unattended health problems
- Torn clothing or broken personal items
- Unpleasant odors
- Untreated bedsores, wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
Other indicators, include:
- Caregiver allowing resident to wander off the premises
- Caregiver's inability to explain resident’s condition
- Caregiver's refusal to allow visitors to see resident alone
- Lack of proper heating or cooling in nursing home
- Sudden change in resident’s medication
If you’ve noticed any of the above signs, contact our nursing home abuse lawyers and get the help you deserve. Our main office is located in Central Pennsylvania in Harrisburg right down the street from the State Capitol.
Why Talk to a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer?
Nursing home abuse is a serious matter, one that should never even be committed. Unfortunately, each year hundreds of victims are abused or neglected and the problem is often missed due to the failure to see signs of nursing home abuse.
We know dealing with the idea that someone could be hurting your loved one is tough and we want to help. The Pennsylvania nursing home abuse lawyers at Schmidt Kramer have experience handling these cases—we know the questions to ask and what signs to look for.
Fill out a free online consultation form and let us investigate your claim. We’ve protected the rights of other Pennsylvania nursing home abuse victims and we’ll help protect your loved one’s rights, too.
Call (888) 476-0807 to get a free case review.
Or you can also speak with someone 24/7 via our Live Chat option.