Q: Do I need to file a workers’ compensation claim now or should I wait until I know more about my injuries?
If you already know that you have been hurt at work, you should talk to a workers’ compensation lawyer now about filing a claim. There are strict deadlines in place for filing workers’ compensation claims. Typically, you need to report your injury to your employer within 120 days of getting hurt, and you have three years to file a claim against your employer if you need to do so to get a fair recovery.
But You Shouldn’t Wait to Call a Lawyer
Instead, you should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Even though you have some time before you have to file a claim:
- That doesn’t necessarily mean you should wait. There may be advantages to notifying your employer of your illness or injury before you are up against the deadline. This is a matter that should be discussed with an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer.
- There may be benefits to talking to a lawyer before you file a claim. Talking to a lawyer does not obligate you to file claim. Instead, it provides you with the peace of mind that your rights have been protected, that evidence has been secured, and that you have someone on your side to fight for the benefits you are due.
You don’t have to do this alone. You don’t have to wonder whether you are doing the right thing or whether you are potentially jeopardizing your right to workers’ compensation benefits.
Learn More About Your Rights Today
Please call us at 888-476-0807 or start a live chat with us now for more information about your specific claim.
- Avoid These Workers’ Comp Mistakes
- Who Is Going to Help You If You’ve Been Hurt at Work?
- Important Deadlines for Injured Workers