Call Now! Call Now!
(717) 888-8888


Q: What should I do if the driver who caused my car accident doesn't have insurance?

Like most states, Pennsylvania requires all drivers to maintain vehicle liability insurance on a currently registered vehicle. Unfortunately, when there are laws in place, there are always people who are going to break them. When you get injured in a car accident caused by one of those people, it can make an awful event even worse. 

If the other driver who caused the car accident doesn't have insurance, you don't have many options. You can't collect damages from their insurance company because they don't have one. First, check your own car insurance policy. Some people don't realize that when they purchased their policy, they also opted for uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. This means that although the other driver doesn't have insurance, you have specific coverage on your insurance to protect you from people like that. Depending on the severity of the accident and your injuries, your insurance still may not cover everything, but it's still a good start. 

After you've checked your car insurance policy and determined that you will still need more compensation to cover all of your medical bills, auto repair bills, and time out of work, make an appointment with a Harrisburg car accident attorney. He will be able to determine the exact value of your case and how much compensation you should be seeking from the other party. You should not have to pay because of someone else's negligence, and your lawyer will help you in every way that he can. 

If you've been injured in a crash, you need a great car accident attorney. Harrisburg residents frequently seek the help of Schmidt Kramer, an outstanding law firm that has been helping car accident victims for over 25 years. Call today for a free consultation at (717) 888-8888