Call Now! Call Now!
(717) 888-8888


Q: Can I bring a wrongful death claim against a drugged driver who ran a red light and killed my husband?

We are truly saddened to hear of this tragedy and extend our deepest condolences to you and your family. It’s hard enough to live with the fact that you will never see your husband again, but it’s even more difficult knowing that this fatal crash could have been prevented if the other driver didn’t get behind the wheel of his car impaired.

When a person is impaired by drugs or alcohol and it leads to a fatal wreck, Pennsylvania law says that person is guilty of reckless driving. The state will likely bring a criminal case against the impaired driver; however, you have a right to bring a civil claim against the driver responsible for killing your husband.

Through a civil wrongful death lawsuit, you can hold the negligent person responsible for the death of your loved one. Although no amount of money will take away what happened or bring back your husband—you and your family shouldn’t have to suffer financial damages in addition to your emotional damages. This is why you should pursue a wrongful death claim for your losses and damages. Such damages could include:

  • Loss of companionship and love
  • Loss of future income
  • Loss of services
  • Loss of parental guidance
  • Emotional trauma
  • Medical expenses from the crash
  • Funeral and burial expenses
  • Other damages

Make sure you are compensated fully for your losses and learn how to hold the reckless driver accountable by downloading a free copy of our automobile accident book. By reading this book, you get more of your questions answered and learn more about the claims process; however, we are always available to answer any additional questions you may have.