Winterize Your Car to Keep the Battery Going and Going
Posted On Behalf of Schmidt Kramer Injury Lawyers on Jan 17, 2013 in Car Accidents
Winter weather is here in Carlisle and throughout Pennsylvania. It is very important that you check your vehicle out and make sure it is ready for cold, snowy and icy conditions. The following are some steps to take to winterize your car:
- Have a mechanic check your brakes, battery, hoses and belts.
- Check your tire pressure to make sure tires are properly inflated.
- Check your fluid levels and top them off as necessary.
- Check your windshield wipers and replace them if they streak.
- Check to make sure that all of your lights work.
- Check to make sure that your radio is working properly so that you can hear traffic and weather reports when necessary.
- Check to make sure your heater and defroster are functioning properly.
- Make sure your all-weather tires are mud and snow rated.
- Consider snow tires or tire chains if you live in an area disposed to heavy snowfall.
Scheduling an auto checkup and completing the necessary winter maintenance on your car can save you time and trouble in addition to keeping you safe on the roads this winter. If, despite your best efforts, you are involved in a serious car crash, contact a Harrisburg car wreck lawyer at Schmidt Kramer today. The number is 888-476-0807 and the case consultation is free. Our experienced attorneys regularly help those injured in car accidents due to the carelessness or negligence of other drivers and we can help you too. You may also wish to download a free copy of our book Who Pays the Bills When You Are Injured in an Automobile Accident? for more information.