You were hurt on-the-job. Your coworkers saw it. Even your boss knows it wasn’t your fault. So why was your claim for workers’ compensation denied? Do you have any hope left of getting the benefits you know you deserve?
Not everyone who deserves workers’ compensation gets approval for the necessary benefits. Entirely too often, a person who is eligible for workers’ compensation is denied benefits for one reason or another. For example, your claim could be denied for any of the following reasons:
- Someone claims the accident was your own fault.
- You saw the wrong doctor (not one recommended by your employer).
- You failed to submit the paperwork in time.
- Your employer claims you are not eligible for one reason or another.
- You have been paid the maximum amount allotted for a given number of months.
- Your workers’ compensation may also end prematurely if you fail to get the necessary medical treatment or take another—even lesser paying—job.
Just because your claim was denied or cut short does not mean you have to accept this as the final answer. You have every right to appeal the decision. If you choose to do so, you may want to enlist the help of a skilled attorney experienced in workers’ compensation lawsuits. Our skilled team of attorneys know the rules, the players, and the complexities involved in filing and appealing claims for workers’ compensation in Pennsylvania.
Don’t lose heart. Instead, rely on the skill and experience of the attorneys at Schmidt Kramer. We’ll do the grunt work for you so that you can get the compensation you desperately need to get your life back on track. We encourage you to contact us directly to set up an appointment. We also invite you to read our other articles on workers’ compensation.