Posted on Mar 12, 2013
With Spring just around the corner in Central Pennsylvania cities such as Harrisburg, Camp Hill, Lebanon and Lancaster as well as all of Pennsylvania, it is important to remember safety. If you jog, here are a few safety tips which can help you and a loved one from being injured in a car accident
- Run against traffic so you can see and react to advancing motorists.
- Don’t assume a driver sees you–in fact, assume the opposite.
- At a stop sign or signal, wait for the driver to wave you through; then acknowledge with your own wave.
- Allow at least three feet between you and a passing vehicle; be prepared to jump onto the sidewalk or shoulder.
- During group runs, go single file when cars need to pass.
- Use hand signals to show which way you plan to turn.
- Respect the drivers’ right to the road; check with Police for local traffic rules.
- Run with proper ID and carry a cell phone and make sure you have an ICE (In Case of Emergency) contact listed.
If you are injured in a Pennsylvania car accident and you’re looking for a Pennsylvania auto accident attorney who knows how to handle a Pennsylvania car accident injury, our personal injury attorneys will handle your Harrisburg car accident case with the utmost of care and get you the compensation that you deserve. Call today for a free consultation at 717-888-8888 or (717) 888-8888.
Also, download our brochure on “Who Pays The Bills When You Are Injured In An Automobile Accident”.
Read More About Ways To Improve Safety While Jogging This Spring…