In December 2012 the Pennsylvania Association for Justice released Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Insurance: An Analysis of the Financial Responsibility Law, 3rd Edition.
It contains 1164 pages of comprehensive analysis of every aspect of Pennsylvania’s Motor Vehicle Insurance Law:
- Comparative Overview and Legislative History
- First-Party Benefits
- Claims for First-Party Benefits
- Peer Review
- Historical Overview and Nature and Extent of Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Uninsured and Underinsured Arbitration
- Mandatory Offer Requirement
- Stacking Coverages
- Exclusions and Limitations
- The Right of Subrogation of the Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Carrier
- Subrogation and Reimbursement Liens
- Section 1722, Preclusion of Recovering Collateral Benefits
- Optional Verbal Threshold
- Third-Party Bad Faith—Excess Liability
- First-Party Bad Faith—42 Pa.C.S.A. § 83711
Schmidt Kramer Partner and PAJ President Scott Cooper acted as an Editor on the latest edition, picking up on his role in the Second Edition.
If you or a loved one are seriously injured in a Pennsylvania motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact an experienced car accident lawyers at Schmidt Kramer. The toll-free number is (717) 888-8888 and the case evaluation is free. Alternatively, you may wish to download a free copy of our book Who Pays the Bills When You Are Injured in an Automobile Accident? for additional information.