Constructions sites are dangerous, but impressive places. Machines, employees, and tools have to work together seamlessly in order to make the project work. When things don’t go as smoothly as they should, people get injured. The construction industry is one of the most dangerous fields to work in, and many of the workers’ compensation accidents in Carlisle occur on construction sites. Here, a lawyer discusses the most common types of injuries that often occur:
Common Types of Injuries
- Parts of the body are squeezed, crushed, or pinched in some type of machinery.
- Slips, trips, and falls on flat surfaces.
- Motor vehicle accidents that occur on site.
- Musculoskeletal disorders of the lower extremities, including the knees, ankles, and feet.
- Falls from ladders, roofs, and other types of elevated surfaces.
- Musculoskeletal injuries of the upper body, including the back, neck, and arms. Usually from kneeling, lifting, hand pinching, gripping, squatting, staying in an awkward posture, and the like.
Construction work is hard on the body, but you shouldn’t become injured on the job because of it. If you were hurt and had to pay for medical bills, missed time from your job, or had to stop working all together, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
Speak with a Carlisle workers’ comp attorney from Schmidt Kramer to find out how we have helped many people just like you get the compensation they deserve. Call today to set up a consultation and find out what we can do for you.
Know someone who works in the construction industry? If so, share this article with him or her!