Practice Area: Social Security Disability
A native of Johnstown , Pennsylvania , Jessica (Kurtz) Mitchell received her J.D. in 2011 from the Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, located in Carlisle , PA . She graduated summa cum laude and with honors in history in 2008 from Washington & Jefferson College, located in Washington , PA , where she earned her B.A. in political science and French. In 2010, she studied law abroad at the University of Maastricht Faculty of Law ( Maastricht , the Netherlands ). She is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa national academic honor society.
Jessica dedicates her legal practice to helping those who need it most. At Schmidt Kramer, Jessica helps disabled individuals receive the Social Security benefits that they have worked hard to earn. As a pro bono volunteer attorney, Jessica participated in the Wills for Heroes program, providing estate planning documents for first responders and their spouses. She also provided pro bono legal assistance to indigent immigrants seeking asylum and other forms of immigration relief as a volunteer attorney with the Pennsylvania Immigration Resource Center (PIRC), which is located in York, Pennsylvania.
Jessica is an active member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), the Dauphin County Bar Association (DCBA), the Cumberland County Bar Association (CCBA), and the Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA). Jessica has participated in the End Distracted Driving campaign, helping people make safer driving choices by raising awareness to the dangers of distracted driving. She was also involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region.
She is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania , as well as the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (2011)
- US District Court for the Middle District of PA (2012)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
Organizations & Committees
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Harrisburg Young Professionals
- National Association of Professional Women
Awards, Memberships & Accomplishments
- Susquehanna Style “Select Lawyer”
- Medical School for Lawyers certificate offered through the Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- National Advocates Top 40 Under 40 for Social Security Disability
- Washington & Jefferson College, B.A.—2008
- University of Maastricht Faculty of Law ( Maastricht , the Netherlands)—2010
- Penn State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D.—2011