Lancaster Car Crash Attorney Recommends Accident Preparedness Kit
Posted On Behalf of Schmidt Kramer Injury Lawyers on Jul 12, 2012 in Car Accidents
No one likes to think about getting into a car accident. Even minor car accidents are stressful, expensive, and time-consuming. Serious accidents can cause devastating long-term effects such as ongoing medical problems, medical expenses, loss of work, and expensive repair bills. However, many drivers do get into a car crash at some point in their lives, so it makes sense to be prepared.
One of the best things you can do to prepare for a Lancaster car crash is to create an accident preparedness kit to keep in your car. The kit should include the following:
- Cell Phone – A cell phone allows you to quickly request emergency medical assistance and contact police to report the car accident. It may be helpful to store emergency numbers in your contacts.
- Camera – A camera (a disposable one or the one on your cell phone is sufficient) is invaluable for taking pictures of the crash scene as well as photographing damage to the vehicles involved.
- Notepad and Pen – A notepad and pen are useful for exchanging contact information with the other driver, making a sketch of the accident scene, and documenting what you remember about the crash.
- Medical Information Card – A medical information card containing the name of your health insurance company, policy number, doctor’s names and contact information, allergies, and other relevant medical information can help medical personnel assist you more quickly.
- Auto Insurance Information and Registration – Police officers may request proof of auto insurance and automobile registration as part of the accident investigation. This will also help you to exchange insurance information with the other driver.
- Emergency Signal Flares – Signal flares should be stored in the trunk. In the event you cannot move the vehicles to a safe location out of traffic, you can use the flares to warn approaching drivers.
Having an accident preparedness kit is one thing you can do to protect yourself after a Pennsylvania car crash and will provide you with peace of mind. The time you spend putting the kit together will be well worth it.
Getting into a car crash is very stressful. Minor accidents are inconvenient and can be costly. More severe accidents can be problematic because you may be injured and unable to work. In addition, medical bills can create a financial burden. If you were involved in a Lancaster car accident and suffered injuries or property damage, or are in discussion with an insurance company over a settlement, you owe it to yourself to talk to a Lancaster car crash attorney at Schmidt Kramer. Call toll free at 888-476-0807 for a free consultation.