Q: What are the ways to reduce the risk of bedsores?
Here are five tips to look for to reduce the risk of your loved one developing a bedsore:
- Look at your loved one's skin over bony areas. If they are not being moved enough, you will find red skin.
- Make sure their skin is dry, clean and being moisturized regularly.
- Make sure they are eating regularly and a healthy diet.
- Have them move regularly by standing or walking., or at least shift positions in a wheelchair.
- Make sure the bed sheets are dry.
If you have an injury or a loved one is injured or killed in a Pennsylvania nursing home which you believe was caused by its negligent or reckless conduct, feel free to contact Schmidt Kramer injury lawyers at 717-888-8888 who specialize in personal injury and can answer any questions you may have about inadequate care at a nursing home.