Get Your FREE Case Review Today
(888) 476-0807

Harrisburg Disability Lawyer Urges You Not to Ignore Notices of Overpayment

Posted Scott B. Cooper on Jul 11, 2012 in General

May 18, 2012 – Do not ignore a Notice of Overpayment from Social Security!

If Social Security sends you a letter telling you that you were paid too much SSD or SSI and demanding money back or stopping your benefits you need to act quickly.  You can file a Request for Reconsideration if you think that Social Security’s numbers are wrong.  You have to file this form with Social Security within 60 days of their letter.  If you file within 30 days you can request that Social Security not start immediately taking action by deducting money from your check.  You can file a form called a Request for Waiver if the overpayment was not your fault or if you don’t have the money to pay Social Security back.  You can also negotiate a repayment schedule.

The Social Security Disability attorneys with Schmidt Kramer Injury Lawyers can answer any questions you may have about these notices of overpayment, applying for and qualifying for social security disability.  Contact or Melissa Leininger if you have any questions or need a social security disability lawyer.