SCOTT B. COOPER - PARTNER
Scott Cooper specializes in personal injury law with an emphasis on motor vehicle accident and insurance cases. An active member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ), Mr. Cooper served as its 2012-13 President. He has also named chair of its Legislative Policy Committee and served on both the Executive Committee and Board of Governors. In 2014, Mr. Cooper was appointed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf to Co-chair, and to help lead, a Transition Team review of the Department of State/Commonwealth for the incoming Administration.
In 2016, and for the past 10 years, Mr. Cooper was named by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and he has been listed again as one of the Top 100 lawyers in Philadelphia and the Commonwealth. Prior to that recognition, he was a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star and in 2006 was named by the Legal Intelligencer as a "Lawyer on the Fast Track." In 2008, Mr. Cooper was honored by PAJ and awarded its prestigious Milton D. Rosenberg Award for leadership and efforts for victims' rights. In 2005, Mr. Cooper received the Association's prestigious George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award for outstanding appellate advocacy.
He was also voted "Reader's Choice Attorney" by Harrisburg Magazine. In 2014 and 2015, he was named a Top Lawyer by the Central Pennsylvania Business Journal for his personal injury work on behalf of Plaintiffs. He has also been named to the Best Lawyers in America for the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. In 2016, he was appointed by Dean Christian Johnson of the Widener School of Law – Commonwealth to its Board of Advisors.
Mr. Cooper is Honored and privileged to have been awarded "America's Most Honored Professionals 2015" for continuous professional recognition - an accomplishment realized by the Top 1% of American Professionals.
In December 2014 he was named a "Select Lawyer" by Susquehanna Style Magazine. In March 2015 he was invited to membership in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers. In the June 2015 edition of Harrisburg Magazine he was named a Local Legal Leader 2015 for his work in Personal Injury & Auto Accidents. He is also a member of The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, the NADC is comprised of the top one percent of the nation's attorneys.
Mr. Cooper is an editor for the leading treatise on Pennsylvania Auto Insurance released in December 2012, the Third Edition of the Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Financial Responsibility Law, Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Insurance: An Analysis of the Financial Responsibility Law. He is also an editor of the supplements for the Third Edition which have been released in 2013 and 2014 and was also a contributing editor on the Second Edition of the treatise. Mr. Cooper has been involved in and argued many significant appellate cases in the Pennsylvania state and federal courts including: Rupert v. Liberty Mutual, Prudential v. Colbert, Mullin v. Commonwealth, Richmond v. Prudential, L.S. v. Eschbach, Ricks v. Nationwide, Wirth v. Aetna, Nott v. Aetna, Blood v. Old Guard, Sackett v. Nationwide, Everhart v. PMA, State Farm v. Rosenthal, Craley v. State Farm, Erie v. Baker, Orsag v. Farmers, Generette v. Donegal, GEICO v. Ayers, Heller v. League of Cities, Smith v. Rohrbaugh, Marlette v. State Farm, Stepanovich v. State Farm, Wolfe v. Allstate and Bumbarger v. Peerless.
He is also the author of "The A to Z of Civil Depositions in Pennsylvania" published by PBI Press in February 2013. The text is a manual for attorneys who need assistance and ideas with handling various types of civil depositions in the Pennsylvania state and federal courts. He has also served as an adjunct Professor at the Harrisburg campus of Widener University School of Law where he taught a Products Liability course.
Mr. Cooper is also a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA), American Association for Justice (AAJ) and the Pennsylvania and Dauphin County Bar Associations. A frequent lecturer and author who is also involved with the community through the Harrisburg Jewish Community Center, Mr. Cooper received his J.D. from Widener University School of Law (1993) and his B.A. from the University at Albany (1990).
Get Help Today! FREE Consultation. (888) 476-0807
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1994)
- US District Court for the Middle District of PA
- US District Court for the Eastern District of PA
- US District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Former president
- Executive Committee
- Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice – Legislative Policy Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Awards, Memberships & Accomplishments
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Top 100 Lawyers in the Commonwealth
- Best Lawyers in America
- Top Rated Lawyers in Personal Injury Law
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers”
- Central Penn Business Journal “Best Lawyers in America”
- Susquehanna Style “Select Lawyer”
- Harrisburg Magazine “Local Legal Leader”
- Harrisburg Magazine “Reader’s Choice Attorney”
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice – Milton D. Rosenberg Award
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice – George F. Douglas Amicus Curiae Award
- America’s Most Honored Professionals
- University at Albany—1990
- Widener University School of Law, J.D—1993
Get Help Today! FREE Consultation. (888) 476-0807